All jobs are unique and require close inspection to give a custom proposal that would address all the problem areas in a floor. Nevertheless, we have prepared a pricing guide (see below), which gives you ballpark figures on the flooring services you might require. Please read on to get more details on what goes into the actual price of your hardwood floor refinishing and installation project.
Notes on pricing:
- Clean, screen and recoat service includes 1 coat of premium water-based German-made finish
- Sand, stain and refinishing includes sanding, staining, 1 coat of sealer and 2 coats of finish
- Prices provided for hardwood floor installation covers only labor cost. Materials will be quoted separately and will include the wood floor to be installed and underlayment.
- Most sanding and installation projects require shoe molding.
- Carpet and hardwood floor removal includes general cleanup. Disposal of all debris to an authorized city dumpster will be quoted based on the amount to be removed.
- Minimum charge per job: $500
Following is a list of basic rates that will help you in determining a preliminary budget for your project:
|Clean, Screen and Recoat||$1.75 per sq.ft|
|Sand, Stain and Refinish||$3.75 per sq.ft.|
|Hardwood Floor Installation:|
|-Nail Down||$2.75 per sq.ft|
|-Glue Down||$2.75 per sq.ft|
|-Floating||$2.45 per sq.ft|
|Shoe Molding (materials, finished and installed)||$2.25 per ln.ft.|
|Sub-Floor leveling||Can only provide cost after assessment|
|Board Replacement||$35 per board|
|Additional Coat of Finish||$.50 per sq.ft.|
|Carpet Removal and Cleanup||$.45 per sq.ft.|
|Hardwood Floors Removal and Disposal||$1.95 per sq.ft.|